Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Words ...

"You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again got me feeling like I'm nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard, calling me out when I'm wounded
You, pickin' on the weaker man

Well, you can take me down with just one single blow
But you don't know what you don't know"     
~Taylor Swift

Words ...  why are they so important?  Why do the words of others affect us so?
 
Proverbs 18:21 says "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue.."
 
Lord, let me focus on YOUR words and be who YOU say I am.  Help me to be the person who doesn't rely on the affirmation of OTHERS, but can rise above based on YOUR love alone.
 
Give me LIFE .. through YOUR WORDS ..  ~Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment